Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Rooney Mara 'happy for break from Dragon Tattoo'










Rooney Mara has said that she is happy to take a break from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

The actress revealed that while she loved working on the David Fincher film, she needed to take time away from playing the character of Lisbeth Salander.

"I'm happy to have a little break, but I am eager to revisit her," Mara told Collider. "But, I'm happy to have a break first."

The 26-year-old went on to say that she enjoys playing characters that differ from herself.

"For myself, it probably is easier to play a character who is much different, with an accent and who looks different and walks different," Mara said.

"I find that much more enjoyable," she added. "But, at the same time, I felt like [Lisbeth] Salander was very familiar to me. We do have a lot in common. I think a little bit of both is good."

Mara recently insisted that she is drawn to performances that receive less mainstream attention.

The actress signed on to Steven Soderbergh's Side Effects in late January.

No comments:

Post a Comment