Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

'Dark Knight Rises' will be a tearjerker, says Gary Oldman










Gary Oldman has promised fans that The Dark Knight Rises will be "emotional".

The British actor - who plays Commissioner Jim Gordon in the Christopher Nolan Batman series - explained at the Landmark Sunshine Cinema in New York that the third and final film will contain a particularly powerful scene featuring Michael Caine (Alfred Pennyworth).

"There's an emotional scene coming up in the next Batman, which I am obviously, absolutely sworn to secrecy about," he said. "They would kill me. Well, I'd do the press junket and then they'd kill me.

"Watching Michael Caine work, as Alfred, was a great lesson for me. Just focus, concentration. He had this emotional scene. I'm kidding you not. It was tears and the whole thing."

Oldman won his first acting award for an individual performance in over two decades for his role in Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy earlier this month.

The Dark Knight Rises will arrive at cinemas on July 20, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment