Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

The UK Chart Show Chart Hopeful:
Dappy / Brian May - Rockstar










Dappy has revealed that his new single 'Rock Star' pays homage to Amy Winehouse.

The N-Dubz rapper has teamed up with Queen's Brian May for 'Rock Star', which will be released in the UK on February 26.

The star explained that the track deals with the fast-paced life of fame and the consequences it can have on artists.

Dappy told the Daily Star: "It's all about paying homage to the 27 Club and amazing artists such as Amy Winehouse.

"It's a song about people getting to their lowest but it talks about turning a negative into a positive."

Speaking about how he came to work with May on the track, Dappy said: "Brian bigged me up for my last single and said I should win an Ivor Novello for lyrics. So I got his email and contacted him. It was a coincidence that track was called 'Rock Star'.

"He told me, 'You are a very different artist and unique, so carry on doing what you're doing. There's nobody else challenging you'."

He added: "I think I may go to number one again with this one. Then I want to hit the arenas. This is different from N-Dubz. What I'm doing is more mature."

Dappy's 'Rock Star' will feature on his debut album No Regrets, which is expected to be released later this year. Yet, The singer-songwriter recently insisted that he will not release his debut album No Regrets until people are "crying out" for it.

Watch the music video for Dappy and Brian May's 'Rock Star' below:

No comments:

Post a Comment