Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Steven Spielberg: 'I won't direct Jurassic Park 4'












Steven Spielberg has said that he will not direct dinosaur sequel Jurassic Park 4.

The filmmaker, who helmed 1993 blockbuster Jurassic Park and its 1997 follow-up The Lost World: Jurassic Park, told Collider that he would not direct the fourth installment.

"I don't want to talk about Jurassic Park 4 yet - it's too early - but I can tell you that I'm not directing it," Spielberg said. "I'm producing it though."

Asked if the film would be a reboot or sequel and be released to coincide with the first film's 20th anniversary, he added: "I can't say. I will when the time is right, but for now I can't talk about it."

Spielberg produced 2001's Jurassic Park III, which was helmed by Joe Johnston, who went on to direct Captain America: The First Avenger.

It was the only film in the trilogy not based on a novel by Michael Crichton, who died in November 2008.
Star Sam Neill said last May that he did not think that Jurassic Park 4 would be made.

Spielberg confirmed the movie two months later at Comic-Con and later claimed that the film has a better story than Jurassic Park III.

No comments:

Post a Comment